This week Horacio sat down with Billy Galanko from Vint, the popular & growing fractional wine investment platform. He is a professional sommelier who now has an (awesome) role as Vint’s Head of Wine.
In the chat, we discuss:
How Billy parlayed an Upwork ad into an investment into Vint, and later Vint’s first full-time role
The ins & outs of high quality wine acquisition from merchant partners,
Why whiskey is more difficult to source than wine, but more impervious to damage
The possibility of professional grading of bottles
How Vint is exploring NFTs with utility — including potential ownership of not just wine but other cool benefits
Thoughts on opening up a liquid secondary market
What Billy is personally investing in
Upcoming offerings, including the Napa Collection w/ Screaming Eagle, some Northern Rhone varieties, and a unique whiskey collection with 36 bottles of Japanese whiskey, all with with beautiful, unique artwork.
What Vint’s roadmap looks like, including potentially investing in pieces of vineyards themselves.
– Website & newsletter: https://alts.co
– Discord: https://discord.gg/DEkHgzggwC
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/altassetsclub
– Insta: https://instagram.com/alts_co
– TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@alts_co
– Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmgk4gzQ56QvpyegBJJVQA?sub_confirmation=1